Dr Miguel Ponce works as a Consultant privately in his own practice in Seville. Dr Ponce has extensive knowledge and experience in psychopharmacology as well as in working with a range of psychiatric disorders, including mood disorders (Depression and Bipolar Disorder), Anxiety Disorders, Adjustment Disorders and Psychosis (particularly First Episode Psychosis). He also has considerable experience in managing acute presentations, complex cases (including forensic cases) and psychiatric emergencies. His ethos is putting his patients first in her day to day practice and always being there for them, including via phone call, text, WhatsApp and email. He works towards creating a strong relationship and alliance with her patients and their families. He enables them to make informed choices, in terms of treatment options available, mechanisms of action of medications and side effects.
Assessment and treatment of psychiatric conditions such as:
– Anxiety and Panic attacks
– Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
– Bipolar Disorder
- Psychoeducation: around mental illness, relapse indicators and ways of managing symptoms;
- Sessions: with patients, families and/or carers to discuss illness, its impact and coping strategies;
- Expert opinion: on psychopharmacological treatments;
- Availability on: the phone, via text and email;
- Liaison with GPs: through letters and phone calls.
- Consultations: can be conducted in English or in Spanish.